Human Resources is one of the most critical organizational functions without which another important cog in an organization – the employees, can’t contribute optimally in shaping its fortune. People are the lifeblood of a company. Often the task of complying to a myriad regulatory and reporting requirements weigh down the HR team, where they should be channelizing their efforts in ensuring to recruit and retain the best talents in their companies. The pile of papers, resumes, forms, interview notes and letters on an HR professional’s desk is a common sight in most organizations.
An effective document management system helps keep track of all documents – resumes, interview forms, notes, leave requisitions, salary documents, employee review details etc. Moreover in case of an audit or any other statutory submissions, you can find your documents in order and almost immediately accessible.
An HR document management system can enable the following:
- Easy storage and retrieval of documents
- Systematic and timely generation of reports required in case of audits etc.
- Ensures capture of information from multiple sources – desktop, email or fax by scanning the documents
- Streamlining the entire lifecycle of document generation for a given employee – from their recruitment and right until their exit formalities
- Workflow automation wherein employee information, performance reviews etc. are automatically routed in a pre-defined manner
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive history of access and changes made to the information
- Improved data quality due to automation
- Enhanced information security
- Reduced redundancy and duplication of information
The benefits of implementing a DMS can have striking impact to your business. Particularly in HR function, the following benefits can be experienced:
- Cost and time savings due to elimination of paper
- Streamlining of processes and efficient flow of information within the function
- Business readiness increases substantially
- Lesser defaults and greater compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements
- De-cluttering your valuable office space and reduce on real estate costs by better utilization of available space
- Information security leaps substantially
- Increased efficiency and productivity of HR staff
To know more as to how Crown Records Management can help you on your information management journey and to derive more out of your information, contact your local Crown Records Management office.