Intelligently making the physical, digital
Digitising documents, handwritten and printed information helps to make text indexable and searchable.
Scanning your documents can make them digitally available in seconds, but digitisation technology can take this one step further.
This allows you to properly archive and share even handwritten notes.
Benefits of going digital for your business
With our Digital Scanning & Imaging service, you’ll be able to:
- Efficient: Retrieving digital files saves time and is less prone to human error. Digital documents can be easily accessed, from anywhere, allowing employees to do more important things than managing tedious physical archives.
- Flexibility: Companies can discover opportunities from evaluated insights using digital data, allowing them to stay ahead of the competition.
- Security: Scanning documents create a safe repository of data, preventing important information from the risks of loss, theft and environmental degradation.
- Preservation: more convenient than making a copy, a scanned document creates a master variant, from which any number of further copies can be produced, both in electronic and printed form.
- Communication: digitized information from scanning documents is easier to share, formatted in standard file types for immediate transfer to both clients and employees.
- Searchable: Improvements in the accuracy of software to recognize text, handwriting and form fields have revolutionized records management. Making it possible to dig ever deeper into previously inaccessible information.
Type of Scanning Services that Crown Can Offer
Crown Records Management understands every business is unique, that is why we offer highly customizable scanning services in Singapore that will meet your needs.
We specialize in:
- Bulk scanning
- OCR and ICR scanning
- Large format scanning, for any size of document up to AO
Our goal is to ensure a smooth and secure transition from paper documents to electronic files and build a digital document management backbone for your organization.
Our Documents Scanning Service Process Flow
At Crown Records Management Singapore, document scanning typically involves the following 8 steps:
- Document requirement study – Examine paper documents condition and determine the appropriate input method.
- Scanning – Turning paper documents such as customer forms and physical mail, into digital images.
- Character Recognition (OCR/ICR) – Using OCR & ICR technology to detect characters on paper documents and convert the output of the scanner into digitally stored text.
- Data Extraction – Retrieve relevant pieces of information from the output.
- Interpretation – The digital information will be categorized and indexed effectively.
- Exception Handling – Detect errors and validate uncommon scenarios and provide alternative methods for proper handling.
- Quality Assurance – Inspect extracted and categorized data for accuracy.
- Data Utilization – Integration of data into relevant categories, automate internal workflows or to be securely stored.
Collection, Capture and Conversion
Flexibility is crucial in the digital environment.
We build the process around your company’s needs to ensure the best workflow and maximum compliance.
Digital imaging are produced in a wide range of formats to suit your needs and are delivered using a multitude of options, from removable storage units to SFTP, or they can even be hosted on the web.
Digital character recognition (OCR and ICR) allows for fast processing.
We are able to use machine learning to identify document types and to recognise images in order to efficiently direct the data to the right parts of the system and to key individuals, for further processing.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How does document scanning work in content management?
Document scanning is a crucial part of content management. It involves using a scanner to convert paper documents into digital files. These are then organised and stored in a digital file system, which is often streamlined and made accessible for easy user navigation. This is a key stage in the digital transformation of an organisation’s document storage.
Can the document scanning solution be tailored to my business needs?
Absolutely, we provide tailored solutions based on an organisation’s specific needs. Whether your priority is space-saving, ease-of-use, or network accessibility, a bespoke system can be put together to meet these preferences.
How often should our company conduct document scanning?
There’s no set rule on how frequently a company should conduct document scanning. It often depends on the volume of documents and the speed at which they accumulate. A solution is to establish a system that works best for your team, whether that’s scanning documents daily, weekly, or even monthly.
How can document scanning enhance content management?
Document scanning facilitates easy and efficient content management. It makes managing, retrieving and sharing information an easy task. Users can enter search terms to find specific content and documents quickly, making work more efficient. This process is a central part of digital transformation, making information easily accessible in a world where convenience is key.
Is the content safe while being scanned and stored digitally?
Yes, documents are typically stored on a secure network with controlled access. This provides a safer storage solution than physical files, which may be susceptible to loss or damage. Maintaining the security of content is a priority for us providing document scanning services.
What if I have too many documents to scan?
If you have a large number of documents to scan, it’s best to utilised Crown’s bulk scanning service. We have high-speed scanners and the capacity to manage large-scale projects. We also offer solutions for continuous scanning needs, so you can get your documents digitised as they come in.
What is the contact process if I want to get my documents scanned?
Crown Records Management has a professional sales team that you can contact for information and quotes. You can typically reach us by phone or email. Once contact is established, we’ll work with you to understand your needs and provide a suitable solution.
Do I still need my paper documents after scanning?
Once the documents are scanned and securely stored digitally, you may not need to keep the physical copies. However, it’s worth checking whether there are any legal requirements for your business to retain original paper documents. For many organisations, digitisation significantly reduces the need for physical document storage space.
What are the benefits of document scanning for my business?
Document scanning leads to better organisation, easy retrieval, enhanced collaboration, and space optimisation among other benefits. With files digitised, your team can access them anywhere, making remote work an easy task. It also ensures the longevity of your documents, providing a secure and efficient way of working.