Intelligently making the physical, digital
Digitising handwritten and printed information helps to make text indexable and searchable.
Scanning your documents can make them digitally available in seconds, but digitisation technology can take this one step further.
This allows you to properly archive and share even handwritten notes in digital format.
What can document digitisation do for your data?
- Efficient: Retrieving digital files saves time and is less prone to human error. Digital documents can be easily accessed, from anywhere, allowing employees to do more important things than managing tedious physical archives or document storage.
- Flexibility: Companies can discover opportunities from evaluated insights using digital data, allowing them to stay ahead of the competition with a proper document management system.
- Security: Scanning documents create a safe repository of data, preventing important information from the risks of loss, theft and environmental degradation.
- Preservation: more convenient than making a copy, a scanned document creates a master variant, from which any number of further copies can be produced, both in electronic and printed form.
- Communication: digitised information from scanning documents is easier to share, formatted in standard file types for immediate transfer to both clients and employees.
- Searchable: Improvements in the accuracy of software to recognise text, handwriting and form fields have revolutionised records management; making it possible to dig ever deeper into previously inaccessible information.
Type of Document Scanning Services that Crown Can Offer
Crown Records Management understands every business is unique, which is why we offer highly customisable scanning and archiving services in the UK that will meet your needs.
We specialise in:
- Bulk document scanning
- OCR and ICR scanning
- Large format scanning, for any size of document up to a0
Our goal is to ensure a smooth and secure transition from paper documents to electronic files and build an information management backbone for your organisation across the UK.
Our Documents Scanning Process Flow
At Crown Records Management UK, digital scanning service typically involves the following 8 steps:
- Document requirement study – Examine paper documents’ conditions and determine the appropriate input method.
- Scanning – Turning paper documents such as customer forms and physical mail, into digital images.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR/ICR) – Using OCR & ICR technology to detect characters on paper documents and convert the output of the scanner into digitally stored text.
- Data Extraction – Retrieve relevant pieces of information from the output.
- Interpretation – The digital information will be categorized and indexed effectively.
- Exception Handling – Detect errors and validate uncommon scenarios and provide alternative methods for proper handling.
- Quality Assurance – Inspect extracted and categorized data for accuracy.
- Data Utilisation – Integration of data into relevant categories, automating internal workflows, or to be securely stored.
Collection, Capture, and Conversion
Flexibility is crucial in the digital environment. We build the process around your company’s needs to ensure the best workflow and maximum compliance.
Digital imaging is produced in a wide range of formats to suit your needs and is delivered using a multitude of options, from removable storage units to SFTP, or they can even be hosted on the web.
Digital character recognition (OCR and ICR) allows for fast processing.
We are able to use machine learning to identify document types and to recognise images in order to efficiently direct the data to the right parts of the system and to key individuals, for further processing.