Entertainment Network India Limited (ENIL), a subsidiary of Bennett, Coleman & Company Limited (BCCL)- the flagship company of the Times of India Group, was incorporated in 1999.
ENIL operates in radio broadcasting under the brand “Mirchi”. It is the No. 1 radio station in India with more than 63 million listeners across the country. It was the first Indian radio brand to go international with the launch of the brand in the UAE in 2012.
ENIL engaged our services to implement an effective HR document management system to digitise employee records bringing in efficiencies associated with digital information management practices.
- ENIL stored all their employee files in hard copy format at their corporate office. None of these files were digitized.
- Since no document level tagging was practiced for storing employee files, an entire file had to be retrieved for searching a specific document related to an employee.
- Restricting grade-wise access on physical files was next to impossible.
- Local offices reached out to corporate HR when they were required to access any employee document.
- Depending on the request made, the corporate HR team would retrieve the physical file, scan the desired document and then share with the requestor. This was an inefficient process and was impacting the operational efficiency of the entire HR team.
- Crown implemented a web-based digital document management system to provide an end to end solution for managing employee records.
- Location-wise and grade-wise folders were created in the DMS.
- After consultation with the HR team, multiple document types for easy accessibility and search were created in DMS
- All employee records were digitized, uploaded and securely stored in the DMS to ensure authorized access to such documents.
- With a centralized digital repository, a real-time access to employee records was realized.
- Users were restricted to access employee records only pertaining to their location.
- An additional layer of access restriction was created based on employee grade. This feature gave access to employee files from “Senior Management” to selected users.
- With local offices having access to the DMS, their dependency on corporate HR team substantially reduced. This also allowed both corporate and local HR teams to focus on core jobs and improved their efficiency.
- Users were able to search and retrieve employee documents in fraction of seconds owing to the user friendly and robust search engine functionality.
- With audit trail of every activity on DMS the corporate team could monitor and track all events in the application.