Navigate China’s data protection framework with our in-depth guide. As China establishes more rigorous data-protection laws and enforcement mechanisms, it’s crucial for businesses, both local and international, to understand the landscape.
Our guide sheds light on the recent laws, such as the Personal Information Protection Law (PIPL), and elaborates on the roles and responsibilities of new regulatory bodies like the National Data Bureau. Whether you’re an established entity or venturing into the Chinese market, stay ahead of the curve by grasping the nuances of these regulations and their implications for your business operations in China.
- Overview of China’s data protection laws.
- Details on the Personal Information Protection Law (PIPL) and its scope.
- China’s approach to data security: Interplay between PIPL, Cybersecurity Law, and Data Security Law.
- Case study: The China National Knowledge Infrastructure (CNKI) incident.
- Role and impact of the newly established National Data Bureau.
- Comparison of PIPL requirements with GDPR and CCPA standards.
- Introduction to the National Data Security Commission (NDSC) and its mandate.